[Users] About forking and unregister

Bill Zhang wzhang at grandstream.com
Fri Nov 3 03:24:59 CET 2006

Hi,

Anyone know how openser works with following:

1.	Forking. Often times, I may have one account register with multiple
SIP client, does it support that?  I don't seem to make it working.
2.	Unregister and register.  Nowadays,  there are a lot of SIP client
will send an Unregister message to the SIP server and after received
response, it will send the new registration again, this is because when a
client behind the same router reboot multiple times, it might have
registration in the SIP server and only the latest one reflect the current
registration and all previous registration may not be valid as the router
may already close the mapping port, so in RFC3261, it defines client can
send a registration with contact head contains "*" and expeiration timer is
0 to unregister the previous registration.  It does not seem that OPENSER
can handle it.  I know SER handles it.
3.	Can I specify OPENSER to only send the INVITE (or other SIP request)
to the latest AOR for a particular account?

Thanks in advance.

Bill