[Users] DST and accounting

Dimo begeragus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 09:21:34 CET 2006

Hi Bogdan,
That is great. As far as i have seen UNIX timestamp is UTC based.
But wouldn't it be even better to have some kind of pseudo variable
which gives the system offset according to the utc? In this way I will
be able to send both the UNIX timestamp and the offset to my radius
server and it will be able to both account the calls in local time and
take in consideration the change in offset once the time changes from
DST.
Having the DST logic in the radius server will not work for me,
because we have the same radius server accounting openser servers from
different time zones where potentially the DST changes at different
times of the year.

Best,
Dimo