[Users] Re: how to run openser through monit daemon?

Padmaja RV padmaja.rv at vodcalabs.com
Tue May 30 14:50:57 CEST 2006

Hi!
 there is something I need to mention here with respect to openser not
working.....

Initially I had openser installed from .tar.gz and i could run it from
/usr/local/sbin/openser. It worked fine that way without any authentication.
I could see local registration of my sip UAs with the openser being
successful.  then i set up mysql. It too started successfulyy thru webmin.
next I tried to create the openser database in mysql from
/usr/sbin/openser_mysql.sh create. It prompted me for the root password of
mysql, the domain name and then failed stating that the Ha1 calculation
failed. also when i tried to modify the openser.cfg file to support mysql
database i found that there is no mysql.so module in the
/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/ path.

Because of the above problems, I tried installing openser from CVS and here
all the modules and configuration files are present in the respective
locations as mentioned in the web link for installing openser. I could even
create the openser database structures in mysql. i tried uncommenting the
needed modules for database suppport. now when i try to run openser thru
monit, there is absolutely no response and openser does not look like
running............

I am a newbie at openser......please help me which way i should run
openser.....

thanks and regards,
Padmaja