[Users] OpenSER dimensioning. How many calls/sec can it set up?

unplug maillisting at gmail.com
Mon May 29 05:22:50 CEST 2006

mediaproxy spends much of the CPU to handle the call compared with
rtpproxy.  From the result that I made in the load test, the number of
concurrent call is much much less than we expected.
maximum concurrent call using mediaproxy (openser & mediaproxy in the
same server): 30
maximum concurrent call using rtpproxy (openser & rtpproxy in the same
server): 60
Call making over the above limitatioin will cause the system unstable
and busy with message 481 and 408.
I have already using the basic configuration file downloaded from
http://www.onsip.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=7&lid=24
>From the above result, I wonder the performance of openser that it can
handle the calls.  I may test it in the wrong way but it is what I
have done in the simple way.  Anyone can tell me how you can do the
load test of openser with sipp?