[Users] Database AVP

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed May 10 16:53:32 CEST 2006

> On 05/10/2006 01:38 AM, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> > Can someone post/link to some examples of how to use avp
> module to write/read data to/from MySQL tables?
> >
> maybe the new avp_db_query() is more straightforward, but it
> is only on
> development version.
>
> http://openser.org/docs/modules/1.1.x/avpops.html#AEN268
>
> > The openser.org docs are reeeeealy bad.
> >
> Then try to improve them.

Are you kidding? How can I improve them when I don't understand the product fully, because the documentation is so bad?

I really believe that people adding to the documentation by exploring themselves is a VERY BAD idea.
When you do this, you make assumptions based on the information you currently have available to you. When that information is incomplete, you make incorrect assumptions. You find that later on, things break in certain conditions because your assumptions where bad in the first place. You also contribute to more bad information when you write documentation based on what you THINK you know, and make it available to others.

This is why the people who know the product the best, the developers, should be the ones writing the documentation.

Doug.