[Users] Information to learn OpenSER and SIP

Wed May 10 10:52:28 CEST 2006

Manuel Ángel Rubio Jiménez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i'd like learn more about SIP and OpenSER, but i don't found information about
> OpenSER with MediaProxy, how works OpenSER with RADIUS (by example) and other
> things.
>
> I don't like HOW-TO, i don't need know how to install anything, i need
> understand how works each component (openser, radius, mediaproxy...) and some
> about SIP and RTP.

First - there aren't many documents. Thus you have to use all of them,
even If you do not like them.

For Radius with FreeRadius there is a new tutorial:
http://openser.org/docs/openser-radius-1.0.x.html

For details of the modules and some other tutorials refer to
http://openser.org/docs/

IMO also reading the old, outdated docs from iptel will give you some
insights on (open)ser:
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/seruser/seruser.html
http://www.iptel.org/ser/doc/serdev/serdev.html

For mediaproxy... the only document I know is the getting started guide
from onsip.org.

And of course the mailings lists archive of ser and openser contains
lots of useful info.

And there is also the wiki with the core cookbook.
http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

regards
klaus