[Users] failover

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue May 9 16:23:07 CEST 2006

Hi Cseke,

Cseke Tamas wrote:

> Mike Williams wrote:
>
>> If you use only transaction statefulness (the only stateful mode the
>> stable branch of OpenSER can do), this should not be a problem, as
>> the INVITE and BYE messages are separate transactions. If you account
>> to the same backend, you should maintain accounting consistency, too.
>>
>> ---Mike
>>

> That means, if one proxy dies during the session, the UA'll make a DNS
> SRV lookup, find the other proxy, and send the BYE to it instead of
> the proxy, which served the INVITE?

not quite - all sequential request (within the dialog) are routed based
on the route set (the Record Route hdr added by the proxies on the
path). The headers contains IP addresses, so basically no DNS lookup is
done for sequential requests. An alternative will be to configure your
proxy to put DNS name instead of IP in the RR hdr.

> Beacause of openser is only transaction stateful it don't know nothing
> about the session eg: to which INVITE belongs to this BYE?

right

> I planned to use TM module t_replicate function to replicate all
> messages to all proxy, it 's no sense, if openser doesn't maintain the
> states of dialog, isn't it?

right

regards,
bogdan