[Users] failover

Mike Williams mwilliams at ETC1.net
Tue May 9 14:54:24 CEST 2006

If you use only transaction statefulness (the only stateful mode the stable branch of OpenSER can do), this should not be a problem, as the INVITE and BYE messages are separate transactions. If you account to the same backend, you should maintain accounting consistency, too.

---Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at openser.org on behalf of Cseke Tamas
Sent: Tue 5/9/2006 3:43 AM
To: users at openser.org
Subject: [Users] failover

Hi,

We'd like to make a failover system using openser,
DNS SRV records seems like a good idea, for failover and load balancing.

But it would be nice if, we could share or replicate SIP dialogs between
opnser instances.
UAs should send all messages to more proxys, and if one proxy die, the
dialog should by handled by an other one.
Example: -UA send an INVITE to proxy1
               -proxy1 die
                -UA send the BYE at the end of the session to proy2,
which could match this dialog, because it maintance the states of the
dialogs too.

Is is possible?

Thanks!

Tomi