[Users] openser and ADSL

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Fri May 5 20:01:02 CEST 2006

On 05/05/2006 11:37 AM, buxalex at libero.it wrote:
> Hello to everybody,
>
> I have openser 1.1 installed on a machine which has an ADSL internet connection.
>
> My question is: as the ip address is a public IP (80.xxxx...),
> do I need any module for nat tunneling? (mediaproxy or nathelper...)
> I mean, if all the UAs are connected to internet via ADSL (different providers), do I need to set NAT modules?

If all of them are connected from public IP addresses which are not
behind NAT, then you do not need nathelper or mediaproxy. But if the
users are behind a router which connect to ADSL, then it is very likely
that they are behind a NAT as well. Both nat traversal modules from
openser include functions to detect whether a client is behind nat or not.