[Users] limiting number of calls per user

Jayesh Nambiar voip_freak at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 4 22:11:38 CEST 2006

Hi,
  I was tring to limit the number of simultaneous calls a single user can recieve in openser.
  I am planning to keep a column in preferences table where his max number of calls will be mentioned and as and when an Invite goes to his uri, the value will be decremented and the value will be incremented again when the bye is received for that particular call.
  If the value becomes '0' he can receive no more calls.
  But there is also a possible issue where in if a bye is not received for any particular call due to any reason, the call would be on forever and his max_calls value will not be incremented again.
  First of all, can this idea be implemented using avps efficiently and what would be the overhead??
  If it can be implemented, how can we overcome the issue of missing byes.....
  Can someone already tried this feature help me or guide me to go ahead with this idea.

  thanks....
  jayesh.