[Users] Never ending calls

Carsten Bock openser-list at qbiz.de
Fri Mar 31 10:42:39 CEST 2006

Hi Martin,

You could use session timers. I think there is a draft (or already an
RFC??) about this issue. Both clients (or at least one client and the
SIP-Proxy) has to support this. The basic mechanism is the following:
The Client adds a "Session-Timer"-Header to the request. In this header
a timeout is defined. If both clients supports this, they have to do a
"Re-Invite" within this time to keep the connection alive. If there is
no "Re-Invite" the line is dead.
I would not try to look at the RTP-Stream, because in our cases the
RTP-Mediastream is happily directly between the Carrier (his Gateway)
and the client. Looking at the RTP-Stream is only pratical for smaller
solutions.

Greetings from Hamburg,

Carsten