[Users] uac client usage

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Mar 23 12:20:53 CET 2006

Aloha Greg :),

uac module may be used for authentication only if you have forwarded
requests (originally received by proxy) because it uses the failure
route to reply to authentication (and for requests generated via FIFO
you cannot set a failure branch).

So, what you can do is the following (note that I never tried this, it;s
just an idea) :
    1) generate via fifo a register (without credentials) and set as OBP
your own proxy to force the new generated request to loop back;
    2) you receive your own generated REGISTER - set a failure route to
use uac module and fwd it to the corresponding registrar server;
    3) when the challenge is received, the failure route will take care
of it.
    4) after auth is perform., the 200 OK will loop back and yo will get
it a reply to your original fifo command.

So, you will need an external script to trigger the REGISTERs and also
to do re-REGISTERing

regards,
bogdan