[Users] LCR and t_relay

Rick Richardson rick at eltopia.com
Wed Mar 15 17:45:27 CET 2006

I think my previous issues boil down to my lack of understanding as to
how the tm module knows where to forward requests in a new transaction.

In the initial invite, the LCR sets the uri:host,port and t_relay
obviously sends the item to the proper destination.

However.. after the 180 and 200. The resulting ACK is a new transaction,
as well as the messages that follow.

What I don't understand is t_relay knows to forward to the destination
selected by the lcr module in these new transactions?.

Currently its behavior is to forward to the host part of the TO URI.
This does not do me any good. How can I ensure that the dialog continues
to go through the proper gateway?

Thanks,

Rick