[Users] OpenSER with freeRadius

Velimir Novkovic voip at e-prometheus.org
Fri Mar 10 21:01:46 CET 2006

I configured OpenSER with Freeradius. It is somewhat messy to have it setup
- of course depends on your background. In my case I missed deeper knowledge
of Radius that had caused me quite some trouble.

I haven't experienced your problem - no OpenSER processes. Sounds a bit
strange.

My advice is: have both SER and freeRadius running in _DEBUG_ mode and read
outputs carefully. Radius: radiusd -X, and ser with entry in cfg file.
Radius is powerful and extremely fragile: passwords and avps need to match
between client and server; user/group blocks must be correctly
defined/specified to your spec etc. But if you have debug info - you can
easily see when something goes wrong.

Good luck.

/Vel

  _____