[Users] Change default users and password in MySQL problems

Norman Brandinger norm at goes.com
Wed Mar 8 19:20:31 CET 2006

Hey David,

Maybe the following will help:

I created a file: /usr/local/etc/openser/.opensermysqlrc

In this file I have some overrides for MySQL for example:

PW="password"
DEFAULT_PW="default_password"
RW_PW="read_write_password"
RO_PW="read_only_password"

You might consider using overrides instead of updating openser_mysql.sh.

If you take a look at this document:
http://openser.org/docs/scripting.html#id2457708 you will find an
example of using M4 to override database usernames/passwords in  your
configuration files.

It is important that the usernames/passwords you used to create the
OpenSER database match exactly with the usernames/passwords you use in
your configuration files.

We use phpMyAdmin over here as a GUI to look at what's going on with
MySQL.  A review of the "privileges" section (within phpMyAdmin) might
shed some light on your problem.

Regards,
Norm