[Users] OT - Cisco IP Phone and PC in diferent VLANs (with 802.1x)

Joao Pereira joao.pereira at fccn.pt
Wed Mar 1 19:38:35 CET 2006

Hello to all
I would like to know If some of you have already configured an Cisco IP
Phone (7940 or 7960) to work in a different VLAN than the PC that is
connected through the phone switch?
I know that this can be done with the Skinny firmware, but I dont if it
works with the SIP firmware.

The Cisco technical staff told me that these phones dont support 802.1x
but can work as pass-through. This way I can still use the PCs with
802.1x and the phones in the same Ethernet plug.

Did someone made it with the Cisco IP phones? What configuration do I
need in the phones and in the switch?
Thanks
Joao Pereira