[Users] Problem with TLS

Matty matty91 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 03:08:09 CEST 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Javier Ramirez wrote:

> Hi, I have a problem to understand the configuration of OpenSer with tls
> I don't unsdertand the user.conf file, to create certificate.

What specifically don't you understand? If you take a look at the openssl
'ca,' 'req'  and 'x509' options, it might help shed some light.

> and, I need the certificate in the client soft ?

You will most likely need to generate a server certificate to use with
openser. Also, depending on the type (i.e. self-signed vs. public) of
certificate you use, you may need to import the CA certificate into the
client's root CA certificate store.

Hope this helps,
- Ryan
--