[Users] multi-domain, non-unqiue userID

Mark Kent mark at noc.mainstreet.net
Tue Jun 13 02:20:51 CEST 2006

A couple of general questions about users and domains:

a) The module 'domain' supports multiple domains, but does not
   appear to support non-unique user IDs spread across the domains.

   That is, if your openser box supports baz.net and bif.com, then
   frankie at baz.net and frankie at bif.com are "resolved" to the same
   user, and are both available as frankie at your-sip-proxy.com

   Is there anything readily available to support non-unique
   user names in a multi-domain scenario?

b) On Sipura SPA equipment, and I'ld guess other equipment,
   one can specify a userID and also an authID.  The authID is used,
   not surprisingly, for authentication with the proxy to register
   the userID.

   Is there any readily available module that puts restrictions on
   userIDs?  That is, if I enable {foo, foopw} and {bar, barpw} then,
   right now, user foo can register to get calls to bar@ and user bar
   can register to get calls to foo at ...  that's not good.

The way I'ld like this to work is very similar to an email server:
there are sets of unique authIDs/passwords, and a relatively static
set of aliases or virtual users.  It's not possible for a POP mail
user to route inbound email to arbitrary userIDs to himself (although
outbound spoofing is easy).

Any hints?

Thanks,
-mark