[Users] using of openser

Fri Jul 21 08:06:50 CEST 2006

Hi!

just to make sure - openser is only transaction stateful (not call
stateful). This it can handle unlimited number of calls concurrently. The
limits are the transactions (call setup). Thus, the number of concurrent
call setups is limited. IMO 60 call setups per second is fine. If you want
to increase it more, you may tune the routing logic.

1. Use the default config script (there is almost no routing logic and no
DB queries involved) to test the "maximum number" of call limits on this
hardware.

2. Use your routing logic. Try to have as less blocking commands as
possible (= DB queries, Radius queries). Also slow DNS can result in a
slow openser. You can also try to increase the number of the childrens to
enable more paraller transaction processing.

regards
klaus

PS: Please let us know about your results.