[Users] Accounting wrong BYEs

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jul 19 19:03:32 CEST 2006

Hi Klaus,

it does sounds like a realistic scenario.

First of all the UAC may not discover all the branches based on To-tag -
there might be branches that haven't sent any reply, or replies were
absorbed by the forking server (ex: 180 after 183 will not be relayed).

Even so, when the BYE is generated, you cannot route it properly to the
callee set because you do not have a unique routing set for the path.
Different sets may be returned by each branch; also until the final
reply the mirroring of RR hdrs is not mandatory. So there is the problem
how to deliver the BYE to all the branches.

Even so, it suppose that the UAS understands a BYE before 200 OK and is
able to f proper filtering based on the to tag parameter. Not sure how
many clients will do this.

again, I do not say is not possible, but I find it highly unrealistic.

regards,
bogdan