[Users] REFER To: (how to handle in OpenSER)

Frogger froggerandbongo at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 12 21:55:39 CEST 2006

So ua2 should handle the REFER, create and new invite
to ua3 and then ua2 should then BYE to ua1 once the
new call is active.

Whats interesting though is that in my implementation,
SIP to SIP calls are able to transfer to other ua's
and outbound to the PSTN gw.  However Inbound PSTN
calls (routed to a registered ua) cannot be
transferred from SIP-ua1 to SIP-ua2.

In this case (PSTN-ua1 to SIP-ua2 trx SIP-ua3) ua1 is
the gw and it should issue a new invite?

So in this case, would the issue be the Cisco gateway?

Can openser intercept the REFER-TO, issue a new invite
from PSTN-ua to SIP-ua3?

Also, I like the idea of screening the REFER-to.  In
fact I plan on setting up domain variables using avps
to enable or diable transfers.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

FR