[Users] Cisco Gateway Disconnects the call

Hamid Ali Asgari Hamid at Parnak.com
Tue Jul 11 14:27:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

Thnaks for the reply.

I do aslo guess that the problem is something related to the ACKs, but the
problem is that OPENSER gets the ACK from the UA, but doesn't pass the ACKS
to the gateway, something like bellow:

UA		   	  OpenSER			Cisco Gateway
|	Invite		|				|
|  	-------------> 	|				|
|				|		Invite	|
|				|	---------------> 	|
|				| 100 Trying		|
|				|<---------------  	|
| 100 Trying		|				|
| <------------		|				|
|				| 183 Session Progress	|
|				| <---------------	|
|183 Session Progress	|				|
| <-------------		|				|
|				| 	200 OK		|
|				| <---------------	|
|	200 OK		|				|
|<--------------		|				|
|				|				|
|	ACK			|				|
|	-------------->  	|				|
|								|
|		RTP Traffic from now on .....		|
| ------------------------------------------>	|
|								|
|				| 	200 OK		|
|				| <---------------	|
|	200 OK		|				|
|<--------------		|				|
|				|				|
|	ACK			|				|
|	-------------->  	|				|
|				| 	200 OK		|
|				| <---------------	|
|	200 OK		|				|
|<--------------		|				|
|	ACK			|				|
|	-------------->  	|				|
|				| 	200 OK		|
|				| <---------------	|
|	200 OK		|				|
|<--------------		|				|
...				...				...
...				...				...

|				| 	BYE			|
|				|<---------------  	|
| 	BYE			|				|
| <------------		|				|

>From what I see, OpenSER doesn't pass the ACK from the UA to the gateway,
and the Cisco gateway give up after a couple of retries. As you see above
OpenSER recives the ACK from the UA but doesn't pass along the ACKs to the
Cisco gateway.

I have taken a look at the OpenSER debugs; there some lines which I guess
(not sure) are related to this:

	0(7989) Warning: sl_send_reply: I won't send a reply for ACK!!

The number of the ACKs sent by the UA matches the number of times I see the
above line in OpenSER debugs.
Also, that is not observed in calls from Windows Messenger to the Cisco
gateway.

Any clues?

Thanks,
Hamid