[Users] ATA 188 problem ?

Medve Istvan imedve at ew.hu
Tue Jan 31 17:03:59 CET 2006

Hi List,

I have similar problem what you can read at
http://mail.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2004-June/008798.html

In my test lab I use openser 1.0.0 with mediaproxy. UAC A is an X-Lite
with public IP. UAC B is a Cisco ATA 188 behind a natbox. Usernames are
not numericals but I use alias table to resolve username based on CLI.
Everything works fine expect one situation.

When X-Lite calls Cisco ATA and call terminated by calee side with BYE,
Cisco ATA does not recognize X-lite's 200 OK response and resends BYE
message some times.

ATA 188 reports the folowing to syslog:

Jan 30 22:33:29 a 00:02:23 192.168.1.101 [08]:Tags do not match
<134>00:02:23 192.168.1.101 [08]:Failed to extract UID from RxMsg

If I replace ATA188 with an ATCOM phone, this sutiation works well.

So the problem is probably with Cisco ATA 188 but I am not sure that is it
a real problem or Cisco ATA more sensitive for protocol violation than
others or there is a missconfiguratin in nat traversal.

You can find SIP message capture at http://fuhur.euroweb.hu/ata.txt

If you have any ideal please let me know.

Regards,
imedve