[Users] privacy=full and contact hf

Wolfgang Hottgenroth woho at hottis.de
Mon Jan 30 13:21:31 CET 2006

Hi,

before forwarding a call (INVITE) from the PSTN with flag "privacy=full"
in the Remote-Party-ID hf to a none-voice-licensed carrier I need to
make sure that the calling party number is completely wiped out from the
SIP requests.

I see this number at three places: the Remote-Party-ID hf itself, the
>From hf and the Contact hf.

The Remote-Party-ID hf can simply be dropped or replaced by something
anonymous.

The From hf can be rewritten using uac_replace_from.

But what about the Contact hf? This field is, as far as I can see,
required for routing purposes, to tell the called party side where to
send replies. So, if I would manage it to rewrite the field, I would
have to make sure, the replies sent to the rewritten address once again
will be rewritten to target for the meant destination.

Is there a best practice for this item?

Thanks,
Wolfgang