[Users] enum patch

Greg Fausak lgfausak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:57:42 CET 2006

Openser users,

------
is_from_user_enum:
I find this extremely useful.  This function uses the 'From' uri
and does a enum lookup based on that number.  A true or
false is returned.  I route to my customers using enum, so when the
customer does an outbound call i can use this to verify that
they are indeed a valid customer before routing the call.

enum_fquery:
Carry the previous function another step.  You can do 'source routing'
of a call using the from address.  I do a enum lookup based on the from
number, and then apply the ruri to number to the naptr that was found.
Using this technique you can 'source route' individual numbers.  In this
way, for example, customer A can elect (pay for) routing out 2 or 3
gateways,
while customer B elects to just have one provider.  Another interesting
feature is to temporarily reroute a customer to an intercept stating
that his account is suspended.
--------

Both of these functions assume that the openser admin is
operating private enum domain databases.

I haven't created a patch file before.  This file is a context diff
output for
a few files in the modules/enum directory.