[Users] OpenSER TLS with Windows Messenger

Cagri Koksal koksal.cagri at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 10:15:28 CET 2006

Hi all,
I'm trying to test openset TLS feature with windows messenger.

I setup openser on Debian Linux and modified the openser.cfg and
openssl.cnfas required by the TLS faq and docs at
openser.org.

When I try to sign in using windows messenger I got the following message
from OpenSer: "tls-accept: Error in SSL:" At the same time windows messenger
gives the following error messenger; "There was a problem verifying the
certificate from the server ....."

Here is an excerpt from my openser.cfg -

disable_tls = 0
listen = tls:192.168.0.128:5061
tls_verify = 0
tls_require_certificate = 0
tls_method = TLSv1 ( I also tried SSLv23 )
tls_certificate =
"/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/sipsrv_rootCA/sipsrv01/cert.pem"
 tls_private_key =
"/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/sipsrv_rootCA/sipsrv01/privkey.pem"
 tls_ca_list =
"/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/sipsrv_rootCA/sipsrv01/calist.pem"

and an excerpt from my openssl.cnf

dir = "/usr/local/etc/openser/tls/sipsrv_rootCA/demoCA"
certs = $dir/certs
crl_dir = $dir/crl
database = $dir/index.txt
new_certs_dir = $dir/newcerts
certificate = $dir/cacert.pem
serial = $dir/serial
crl = $dir/crl.pem

I also used the existing certificates that come with openser-tls package. It
resulted the same.

Any suggestion or guidance is appreciated, thanks.

-Cagri Koksal