[Users] SER as loadbalancer and NAT

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Thu Jan 12 18:54:23 CET 2006

On 01/12/06 19:27, Andreas Granig wrote:
> Andreas Granig wrote:
>> But I see this approach isn't RFC compliant, so maybe it's better to
>> forget this hack and go for a clean Path-Header solution...
>
> Just an idea regarding load balancing and NAT using the Path header:
>
> When having a scenario like this:
>
> [uac] -> [nat] -> [sip loadbalancer] -> [sip proxy]
>
> Then I could construct a Path header like the following at the load
> balancer for REGISTERs:

Maybe is better to have: Path:
<sip:own-address;lr;received=received-address> for the server in front
of nat (load balancer). When loose_route() process the header it can
take the received parameter and use it as dst_uri if no other Route
header is present.

Otherwise I see troubles to process a Route header which does not have
server's address -- think about peering with other SIP networks where
you cannot control what the server will add as parameters to Record-Route.