[Users] Custom header field use || getting original IP from dispatcher

Rick Richardson rick at eltopia.com
Mon Feb 27 18:25:32 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 11:20 +0200, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 02/23/06 05:17, Rick Richardson wrote:
> > I am needing to use the source IP for a few routines in my proxy server,
> > but the problem is that it is being forwarded to me by a dispatcher. I
> > am definitely needing the IP address.
> >
> > My first inclination was to append a header field with the IP address.
> > This is quite easy. However, the hard part is using that passed in IP
> > address. I'm not sure what the best way would be to get that value into
> > the hands of several module functions like permissions =>
> > allow_trusted(), etc..
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> one solution would be to do some development to introduce
> pseudo-variable support in the modules you want. But maybe you can do
> the check using only avpops module, via avp_check() and avp_db_load().

Could you point me in the direction of modules that have the
psuedo-variable support that would be easy to emulate? The module I'll
need to modify is registrar. Specifically the lookup and save functions.

Also, is there a way in-script to take a custom header value and load it
into a pseudo-variable? And is there any documentation or example source
for this?