[Users] Custom header field use || getting original IP from dispatcher

Rick Richardson rick at eltopia.com
Thu Feb 23 04:17:16 CET 2006

I am needing to use the source IP for a few routines in my proxy server,
but the problem is that it is being forwarded to me by a dispatcher. I
am definitely needing the IP address.

My first inclination was to append a header field with the IP address.
This is quite easy. However, the hard part is using that passed in IP
address. I'm not sure what the best way would be to get that value into
the hands of several module functions like permissions =>
allow_trusted(), etc..

Any ideas?

thanks,

Rick