[Users] add/rewrite a tag/parameter in SDP

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Sat Feb 18 14:01:00 CET 2006

Hello,

On 02/18/06 05:07, Lenir wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> What is the best way to modify the SDP message to always include (if
> not replace) the a= tags in a SDP message?
>
> My problem is specifically with g729, according to the RFC, if the
> parameter: “a=fmtp:18 annexb=yes” is present or missing then it is
> assumed that g729b (g729 with VAD) and if “a=fmtp:18 annexb=no” is
> present then the devices will use g729a (g729 with VAD Disabled). My
> problem is that some cisco gateways and ATAs behave differently (of
> course Cisco always doing it their way), if “a=fmtp:18 annexb=no” is
> missing then it assumes that g729a will be used, instead of following
> the RFC where it should negotiate g729b. Also, asterisk doesn’t
> support g729b so I want to avoid using g729b everywhere in my network.
>
> So what is the best way or is there a way, to either:
> a) insert “a=fmtp:18 annexb=no” if is not present
>
> b) replace “a=fmtp:18 annexb=yes” for “a=fmtp:18 annexb=no” if it is
> present

you can use textops module. You have functions to search a string and
replace it with another value (replace()). If the line does not exist
then you have to use search_append(). It is in roadmap to add specific
functions to search/replace only withing the body of the message...

http://openser.org/docs/modules/1.0.x/textops.html