[Users] Converting from SER to OpenSER

Brian McCrary bmccrary at lwav.net
Mon Feb 13 16:44:43 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 12:21:33PM +0200, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:

> indeed, from scripting point of view, openser 1.0.0 is still reasonable
> compatible ser 0.9.x. You may find that some things got easier to be
> done due the pseudo-variable support and their interaction with AVPs.

Thanks for the reply!  Yes, it does look like there are many more things
that can be done, at last more easily.  I had been stealing a few
modules from OpenSER and compiled them to work with SER, but I figure I
need to make the switch, as 1.0 modules will not work well.

> Regarding DB transition - I would say only the format of the
> location/aliases table (used by usrloc) were affected -  new column
> "socket" was added (a short look on the table format in
> scripts/mysqldb.sh will be useful); also do not forget to update the
> version of these tables!
>
> So, adding a new column and changing their versions will do it.

Thanks, you were right on! I made a copy of my ser database, called it
openser, added the column to the location database, updated the versions
from the ones in the mysqldb.sh script and OpenSER seems to be running
great so far! For my setup, it was quite painless to switch over.

Brian