[Users] how to add custom certificates to windows messenger 5.1

Pjothi pjothi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 09:38:31 CET 2006

Hello openser users,

I am trying to connect windows messenger 5.1 with openser in TLS mode.
OpenSER uses the custom created certificate and predictably windows
msngr returns
--------------
There was a problem in verfiying the certificate from the server.
Please contact your network administrator.

I do have my own client certificate and ca-list created with openser
scripts and I would like to add it to windows messenger to verify the
server certificate. Is it possible to add a ca-list to windows
messenger so that it can verify the server certificate. If yes, kindly
point me how ?

thanks and regards,
Pjothi