[Users] OpenSER Summit

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Aug 31 19:52:40 CEST 2006

Hello everybody,

It's more than one year since the OpenSER project started. A large
community of users and developers has been formed around OpenSER. It's a
very active community and one of the most important goals of the OpenSER
project is to keep the users community as synchronized as possible with
the developers and management groups.

During past time we met a lot of people that were happy to see us or we
were happy to see them. So, we came to the idea of organizing a OpenSER
Summit where OpenSER fans (all types of fans) should meet to share their
experience, to  discuss about future ways of developing the project or
just to personally meet people from the mailing lists. The idea is to
have people talking about how they are using OpenSER in different
contexts and which were/might be their needs, development people talking
about possible solutions and about their ideas of enhancing OpenSER, etc...

We were thinking of taking advantage of the upcoming VoN in Berlin in
the beginning of November and to organize the Summit within the same
time frame - it will be more convenient for people to travel for two
events at the same time.

We would like to have some feedback from the community - how many people
are interested in such a meeting, what will be their primary interests.

Any other OpenSER-related ideas are most welcome!

Best regards,
Bogdan