[Users] SER + phone provisioning server - what are the options?

Mahatma Sarasvati gnoahhb at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 15:49:57 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I'm tired of manually editing text files.

What solutions are available for avoiding manual editing and saving of Cisco .cnf files for individual phones while using SER or OpenSER? I've got 80+ phones in my organization and I'm tired of manually managing the phone .cnf files

I'm imagining some piece of code that auto-generates the files on command or on a schedule based on entries in the MySQL database. Maybe a column can be added to the Subscriber table or somewhere that holds the MAC address of the phone?

Or is there a way to get the phone to get its default config via TFTP and its user information via http?

Thanks,