[openser] Re: [Users] ACK Routing: Best practices?

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Aug 17 11:45:38 CEST 2006

Hi Klaus,

On Fri, Aug 04, 2006 at 08:24:10AM +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> On Fri, August 4, 2006 8:10, raviprakash sunkara said:
> > Hi Klaus,
> >
> > For me the same problem , But problem in  Bye message , openser system
> > didn't recieve the Bye request from the UAC's.....
>
> 1. This is not the same problem
>
> 2. You have a NAT problem
>
> 3. The client will send the BYE to the iP address in the Record-Route
> header (if you use record_route()). Thus, make sure to announce the public
> IP address and setup a port forwarding from this public IP to the SIP
> proxy.

I have mostly the same problem.  When the softphone behind my NATing
proxy hangs up, the BYE message goes through the proxy.  However, when
the outside phone hangs up, my proxy never sees the BYE message, as
though it was never issued.

My configuration file calls record_route() only for the INVITE action.
Is it sufficient in regard to the fact the BYE will be send to the
IP address in the Record-Route header ?

My configuration file contains:
% if (method == "INVITE") {
% 	record_route();