[Users] Mediaproxy with t38

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Tue Aug 8 16:47:44 CEST 2006

Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello,
>
> you should not do anything special for t38, from proxy's point of view,
> does not matter the content of media stream. For the fax relaying, you
> should make sure that you handle re-INVITEs properly.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Daniel,

	I'm having the same problems with T38, between a Sipura 2100 and Cisco
AS5350XM.  Everything works quite well unless there is NAT.  When the
Sipura is behind NAT I can make voice calls but T38 faxing fails.  Isn't
a Re-Invite just an INVITE within an existing SIP session?  What special
configuration/processing does it require?  I'm really curious about this...

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner