[Users] DID Handling -> Transitioning from Asterisk/SipX

Max Clark max.clark at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 02:45:10 CEST 2006

Hi all,

As our requirements scale (number of DIDs, number of users, number of
simultaneous calls, etc) it is very apparent that our needs require us
to move from a softswitch/pbx application environment onto a Sip
Router based platform. While I have been able to run though the
documentation and bring online a working OpenSER platform I am still
confused about DID handling in the system.

I need to be able to take a series of DIDs that we are being passed
from the carrier and forward the call to the end user's switch
untouched (i.e. 18005551212 at me needs to be passed to
18005551212 at customer). I have been reading through aliasing but this
does not seem to be what I need (because the customer's switch does
not see the original DID). Ideally I need to be able to maintain a
large inventory of DIDs and assign them to customers without touching
the configuration files when the association is made.

How do I accomplish this? What do I need to add/configure in the
system? How do I configure this redirect/mapping/proper terminology
correctly?

Thanks in advance,
Max

--