[Users] Recursive routes and retcode

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Tue Apr 11 00:17:38 CEST 2006

Hi Klaus,

> What is your goal? Do you want to strip the extension till you get the
> "kopfnummer" (sorry, I do not know the english term)?

Maybe "base number" or something like that? Yes, that's exactly what I'm
trying to find out. We've used a self-made lookup function until now,
but in the course of the switch from SER to OpenSER I try to eliminate
as much self-written stuff as possible for easier maintenance. I'm aware
of the performance impact, but I'm currently just playing around with
some stuff to see what's possible and maybe usable...

> I know other which solve this problem by using a private ENUM tree with
> wildcard NAPTRs for the extensions which point to the "main URI".

We use a related approach in the e164.info tree. I'm quite curious about
the performance of the different possibilities, so I find it rather
interesting to compare these things in a test-bed...

Andy