[Users] What Media Gateway (connected via SS7) do you use

idont know voipsucks at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:21:34 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

At first I am sorry that this is slightly off topic.

I am doing some research for my company (which does not want to be
named therefore the gmail. I am sorry for that) which carrier grade
media-Gateways are used by others to connect their SER (or any other
SIP-Proxy, - Router, -PBX, etc.) to the PSTN.

We are currently looking for something that can be connected via SS7
in Europe, scales good (i.e. starting with 4-E1s, but with no limits
to add more) and supports

* SIP ;)
* G711, G723 and G729 A/B Codecs
* Echo Cancellation
* VAD
* CNG
* T.38
* Modem Bypass
* DTMF-Transmission using RFC2833 or In band (for G711)  and
preferably even SIP-INFO

I would love to hear which system you use/prefer and what your
experiences are ( i.e. would you buy the system you use a second time)
and if I forgot something in my requirements that in your eyes is
crucial. If you don't want to/can name your company that's fine with
me (as I can't either), I just need some opinions.

Bye,