[Users] using AVPs to write into database

Jayesh Nambiar voip_freak at yahoo.co.in
Wed Apr 5 09:00:18 CEST 2006

Hi all,
  I am trying to implement the call forwarding feature in openser. The forwarding part is fine. But I have the follwing scenario:
  Whenever a user needs to change his forwarding number, he should be able to do so from his end device only.
  For eg: He first presses 86 and then the 10 digit number to be forwarded. Here the 86 has to be stripped and the 10 digit number should be inserted into the call forward value column of the preferences table.
  Also if he wants to remove the forwarded number, he can do so by pressing say for eg: 87. on receiving this number openser should delete that value from the
  table.
  Is this possible. I tried to do the following, but somehow it does not change the
  value.
  if(uri=~"^sip:86[0-9]*@") {
             if(avp_db_load("$from/username", "s:callfwd")) { #check if call-fwd feature is enabled for the user
                     log(1,"AVP condition returned true");
                     strip(2);
                     avp_write("$ruri", "s:callfwd");
                     avp_print();
                     log(1,"AVP written");
                     sl_send_reply("200", "OK");
                     exit;
             };
        };

  Is avp_write the proper method or I guess avp_db_store can also help me. The avp_print() function also does not show me anything in the log. Are there any
  logical mistakes or I have mis-interpreted the syntax of avpops functions.
  Please help me in thsi regard.
  Thanks a lot in advance.
  Jayesh.