[Users] Re: Persistent Data Storage

Tue Apr 4 10:39:26 CEST 2006

Hi!

Please send your emails to the list. This way others can help you too,
and others will also benefit.

In Openser, all DB task will be done via openser's DB layer. Thus, the
modules do not have to take care of the used DB. Under the DB layer,
there are the DB drivers: There is at the moment mysql, postgresql and
unixodbc.

When configuring openser, you only have to use the proper configuration,
thus use "postgres://..." isntead of "mysql://...."

For setting up the database, use the openser_postgresql.sh script.

For setting up openser in general, please refer to the Gettign Started
Tutorial on onsip.org

regards
klaus