[Users] SIP clients and DNS SRV

Zen Kato zenkato at pis.bekkoame.ne.jp
Wed Oct 26 13:45:07 CEST 2005

Hi,

I posted on [serusers] regarding DNS SRV,t_replicate,backup server and
GS phones.
My test resut of BT101(1.0.7.11-newest) and GXP2000(1.0.1.9) was
no good.

My question is eventhough we set up DNS SRV on server side, if sip
clients does not suppot DNS SRV, do we have a risk of (5+5)minutes
out of service time when we set up 5 minutes REGISTER intervals?

If UA have multiple REGISTERs outgoing lines such as GXP2000,
we could set up Line1 for sip1&sip2(DNS SRV) Line2 for sip3 server.
In this case if line1 does not work, the user can use Line2.

Xlite can register 3 sip servers, but only default sip proxy can
use as outgoing line, so the Xlite users have (5+5)minutes out of
service risk.

Does Cisco 7960 work perfectly on DNS SRV?

Regards,

Zen