[Users] OpenSER and Asterisk

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists at flanagan.ie
Tue Oct 25 18:56:11 CEST 2005

Iqbal wrote:
> Wouldnt you then be authenticating twice, openser, and asteriks, or do
> you want to drop the openser auth.
>
> Just curious as to why you want to auth in asterisk

Because I want to have asterisk know the context, callerid and the
accounting code so that the user can be billed properly and put into the
correct context.

I don't actually want the user to have to input their credential twice -
I am assuming that if the realm, username and password are the same that
this will allow authentication to take place. Is this incorrect?

Essenstially, I want users to be registered on openser, and that all sip
to sip local calls happen within openser. Calls to and from the PSTN,
and voicemail, etc. I want to go to/from asterisk.

-Barry

--

-Barry Flanagan