[Users] OpenSER and Asterisk

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists at flanagan.ie
Tue Oct 25 18:34:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

I want to use openser as proxy/registrar with Asterisk. Users will exist
both in openser's subscriber database and in asterisk's sip friends.

I have this kind of working, but have a few questions.

Currently openser authenticates users fine, and will route to * for pstn
and asterisk will accept the call if I have openser set up in * sip.conf
as a proxy.

I would rather, however, that the user gets authenticated as themselves
on asterisk, rather than the call happening as the proxy user. without
openser set up in asterisk, I get continual 407 Proxy Authentication
required.

Additionally, it appears that the call is still routing through openser,
rather than being directly between the client and asterisk.

Questions:

1. How can I set it up so that when a call gets sent to * that
authentication takes place directly between asterisk and the client

2. How should I be sending the call from openser so that the rest of the
call is directly between asterisk and the client?

Any working configs would be welcome - these seem to be hard to come by.

Thanks.

--

-Barry Flanagan