[Users] Release 1.0.0 scheduled for Friday, October 28

Daniel-Constantin Mierla daniel at voice-system.ro
Mon Oct 24 19:26:52 CEST 2005

Hello everybody,

the new stable release is scheduled for next Friday, October 28.

It will be versioned *1.0.0* instead of 0.10.0 since mandatory
requirements of RFC are in place (the last major one, TLS is now in the
trunk) and a lot of new features have been introduced.

The release was postponed several time to allow more time for testing.
There is no known bug at this moment that is not going to be fixed
before release (the last one, reported by Klaus causing memory leak for
CANCEL transactions in failure routes has been localized and expect to
have it fixed tomorrow on CVS).

Until Friday, remaining docs should be updated and relevant documents
(changelog, new features, deprecated stuff) have to be written. We have
to ask people willing to generate packages for different architecture to
give some help since we do not have access to all OS distributions. We
can provide guidelines for those that need them.

If you are aware of some things that are missing for this release,
please report them to devel at openser.org