[Users] Integrating openser auth with other application

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Oct 19 13:24:56 CEST 2005

Hi there,

indeed, openser will search for the version table based on the set DB
URL (which will point to your email DB).
So, you need first to create the version table:
    CREATE TABLE version (
       table_name varchar(64) NOT NULL primary key,
       table_version smallint(5) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL
    );

and second to insert a record for the subscriber table (the one holding
the passwds):
     INSERT INTO version VALUES ( 'subscriber', '5');

Also take care and change the table and column names in your cfg to fit
your email table. See:
    http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/0.10.x/auth_db.html#AEN59

regards,
Bogdan