[Users] OT: please help us make the ENUM number range +43 780 a success

Fri Oct 14 12:53:58 CEST 2005

Hi all!

This is a little bit off topic. But people interested in ENUM are sure
interested in this.

As some of you maybe already know, Austria has a dedicated ENUM driven
number range in place since May 2005: +43 780.

Reachability of numbers within this range from the PSTN is good within
Austria, but still a patchwork from abroad (as with all new number ranges).

It is very hard to debug PSTN connectivity from the receiving end -
which is why we are asking you to dedicate a few minutes of time and a
phone call. To collect the information we've set up a Wiki page:

        http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/43780

To help us make it better, follow these steps:

- take a "conventional" phone line of your choice
    (PSTN, mobile - the more data points, the better)
- call the test number "+43 780 004711"
- if you hear the word "ENUM" followed by some elevator music,  routing
    from your telco is ok - perfect!
- if it doesn't work, take a note of what happened (announcement,  error
    message, error indication etc.)
- leave a note about your success or failure to the wiki page indicated
    above. If possible, add rate information.

- repeat this test for any carrier you have access to.

If you detect a failure, and happen to know or work for the telco -
please notify the relevant person to fix the problem, it is theirs.
We're happy to talk to them if you get us in touch.

Thanks for your help  - we really appreciate it. Feel free to forward
this message to people who might contribute more data points.

thanks,

Klaus Darilion
enum.at