[Users] caller id authentication

jayesh nambiar jayesh_1017 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 07:25:27 CEST 2005

hi all,
I am trying to implement this feature in my openser 0.10. It is as follows:
I allow users in pstn network to dial my gateway number, wherein they get a dial tone and the gateway then forwards all the calls to openser and are processed accordingly.
But now I want to authenticate these caller ids. I want to give this privilege only to my subscribers.
I had thought of adding the ids in the trusted table as my gateway is in trusted table, but this does not seem to be a good solution.
Can I add an extra column in the subscriber table wherin I mention the caller-id for individual users (I give only one caller_id to one user), so that if the user is authenticated then the caller-
id for that user should be authenticated. Can it be possible. I was thinkin of using AVPs for
this, but I dont get the idea of retreiving the caller-ids from the table to check if the caller-id is
valid.
Can someone help me in this regard.

thanks

jayesh