[Users] Openser not consuming the credentials

Brandon Price brandon.price at hostrocket.com
Thu Oct 6 21:49:10 CEST 2005

I have openser set up to remove previously authorized credentials
from the message being processed by the server, using
consume_credentials. Yet the authorization credentials are still
being passed. Any help is as always appreciated. Thank you. The
related openser.cfg portions are posted below...

if (!www_authorize("", "subscriber")) {
                                 www_challenge("", "1");
                                 break;
                         };
                         consume_credentials();
                         save("location");
                         break;
if I then restart openser, make a call and start tethereal I get....

tethereal -V port 5060 | grep username
Authorization: Digest
username="theusernamewashere",realm="ser1.manhattan.whatever.net",nonce=
"43457703fa69c4dd5321a7229ea41102f2200390",uri="sip:
13143212222 at ser1.manhattan.whatever.net",algorithm=MD5,response="fc57c2b
4897d3d7b8ad887a788bf07f6",qop=aut