[Users] domainkeys module

Tue Nov 29 09:39:22 CET 2005

Yes and No. Of course the receiver needs to know the public key of the
sender to verifiy the signature. But there is no need to pre-share the
public keys, as they are published via DNS. The domain for fetching the
public key from DNS consists of the "selector" + "._domainky" + the
domain of the From: URI, e.g:

 >dig 2005._domainkey.dk.labs.nic.at TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
2005._domainkey.dk.labs.nic.at. 3600 IN TXT     "k=rsa\;
p=MEwwDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADOwAwOAIxALysT867uZ/ckWZpL6UTKt/7ZLPr1BkWIukU16egelXT8FYagoilfznoU2H
LcBQPzwIDAQAB"

regards
klaus